Tuesday, February 07, 2006

It's Just Nice to Be Nominated

The nominations for the Koufax Awards, sort of a best-lefty Blog-Oscars are going up category by category. I appreciate that somebody nominated Learn to Say Ain't for Best Post and Lunch Discussions #145: The Crazification Factor for Best Humorous Post. Terrifyingly, the Crazificaton Factor has become a semi-legitimate discussion term out there in the political miasma. Yikes.

I wince at Learn to Say Ain't being nominated, to tell you the truth. Although I stick by my point, in rereading it I now have a different set of skills, have done far more political writing, and would have approached it somewhat differently. All told, though, with the current arguments about "message" and "framing" still raging, its relevance seems only to have increased. I think it's actually incomplete without its follow-up. The follow-up, if I may engage in some blunt self-criticism, is the better post (and the other people commenting on it are far more insightful than I am. The comments on that on are spiffy). Even more I realize I need to go back and expand on this stuff with some of the meme-theory research I've been doing. Great. More research, when I could just puke out half-baked ideas like Goldberg and Apuzzo and get paid for it if I crossed the aisle. "Trying" sucks, kids.

"Crazification" is mostly funny because my friend Tyrone is funny. Although I'd urge you to blow off the "Ain't" post, vote for "Crazification" so I can thank Tyrone in the speech.

Anyway, whoever nominated, thanks. Voting is not open, but when it does, I will turn you loose, crazed "don't-really-like-me-but-are-just-here-for-Blue-Beetle-updates-actually" minions!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got it! I got it!

Why is Jaime in El Paso? Because he's the BLUE Beetle, fighting for liberal causes in the heart of the reddest of red states!

What? That's a great idea!

I'll shut up now.

Scott said...

Well, I nominated "Learn to Say Ain't" and I still think it deserves the nod.

It's kick-ass and it's practical, which is not a combination you see all that often in blog posts.

No apologies from me, huzzah!

MaryAn Batchellor said...

There are blog awards?

Anonymous said...

I still giggle like a schoolgirl whenever I read the line "I call shenanigans", so I'm voting for Crazification.

Of course, I think Shenanigans would make a great name for a bar, so what do I know?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad "Learn to Say Ain't" was nominated, because otherwise I might never have read it, nor the sequel post.

Excellent stuff. I was thinking along similar lines, but it really distilled it a lot better for me. Much appreciated.

Reseller De Nature said...

Obat kencing nanah doxycycline
Obat kencing nanah di samarinda
Nama obat kencing nanah di apotik
Nama obat kencing nanah di apotek
Obat kencing nanah kimia farma
Obat farmasi kencing nanah
Obat kencing nanah gonore
Obat kencing nanah generik
Obat kencing nanah go
Obat gonorrhea kencing nanah
Obat gejala kencing nanah
Nama obat kencing nanah yang di jual di apotik
Tempat jual obat kencing nanah
Apotik jual obat kencing nanah
Apotik yg jual obat kencing nanah
Jual obat kencing nanah di jakarta
Jual obat kencing nanah di surabaya
Jual obat kencing nanah bandung
Obat kencing nanah kaskus
Obat kencing keluar nanah
Obat kencing keluar nanah di apotik
Obat kutil kelamin tradisional
Obat kutil kelamin
Obat kutil kelamin wanita
Obat kutil kelamin di apotik
Obat kutil kelamin denature
Obat kutil kelamin resep dokter
Obat kutil kelamin malaysia
Obat kutil kelamin apotik
Obat kutil kelamin di anus