Thursday, February 17, 2005

TF update

Trans-pals, but you may wish to take a break from inflating my hit count. No further news will be coming out of here for a while -- I won't be working on the movie for the next few months.

Nothing horrible, everything's cool. But I was technically contracted to start another movie when the Transformers gig popped up. The producers of that flick -- including one-of-us Akiva Goldsman -- were real gentlemen about the situation and stepped aside for the duration of the high-intensity TF first draft. They didn't have to, and the fact they did is one of the coolest things I've encountered in my 10-odd years of TV and film writing.

The next Transformers production pass, adressing specific producer notes, will be executed by another writer or set of writers. I'll be off doing this new project, will lock in the shooting draft for Fatal Frame (I meet with the director tomorrow) then will probably swing back in later on for a polish --I'm still under contract for TF. This is all part of the business we call "show", and you should all be assured that the project is a.) on schedule and on track and b.) still has rabidly protective and enthusiastic producers riding herd on it.

But now you only have Don and Tom DeSanto to harass. Sic 'em.

8 comments:

Karl said...

You're part of the collective now. Resistance is futile.

Anonymous said...

Akiva Goldsman? ouch. let's hope he doesn't give you any advice on anything you do, EVER! he's a horrible writer!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm here for the Fatal Frame updates... But when I told my husband about the Transformers movie, he squealed like a little girl and demanded I keep him up to date. *shrug*

Anonymous said...

Where can we find these... DeSantos?

~TS

RoninKengo said...

Looking forward to the finished product.

A lot of pressure man, so many people grew up with Transformers.

Anonymous said...

The fact that these gentleman are writing sequels to Zorro and Mission Impossible doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

Come back soon, John.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, at first i was just here in hopes for Fatal Frame updates, but I've really been enjoying your perspective on writing and how you enjoy your craft. It's really inspiring and unique.

*L* Not to mention, I love the blunt tell it like it is scenerios. ^_^

-Laurean

hd film download said...

To my mind everybody must glance at it.